FNS50217 - Diploma of Accounting Duration 52 weeks (12 weeks break inclusive)
CRICOS Course Code: 097968G
This qualification reflects professional accounting job roles in financial services and other industries. Individuals in these roles apply solutions to a range of often complex problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They apply initiative to plan, coordinate and evaluate their own work and guidance to others within defined guidelines.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
• Budget Officer
• Senior Bookkeeper
• Assistant Accountant
• Senior Accounts Receivable Clerk
• Senior Accounts Payable Clerk
Pathways from the qualification
After completing the FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting, students may articulate into further study Advanced Diploma of Accounting offered by any RTO, or they may have opportunities to continue their studies in Bachelor Degree programs offered by Higher Education providers.
• Be 18 years old or over
• Students who intend to enrol in this course must prove their satisfactory completion of Australian Year 12 or international equivalent, or has completed any Certificate IV level qualifications under AQF (LLN test is required if the applicant's qualification is no in business field) or have industry experience in business or any relevant business service with a minimum of 2 years.
• Students who intend to enrol in this course must also prove their satisfactory completion in any of the following qualifications:
- Completion of the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set
- Completion of FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting or equivalent
- Completion of FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or equivalent
- Completion of FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping or equivalent
• For international students, IELTS overall 5.5 or its equivalent, unless your nationality is the US, UK, New Zealand, Canada or Ireland.
Delivery and Assessments
This program (Diploma of Accounting) is delivered in an institution based environment with face to face delivery. The mode of training is highly practical with a combination of practical projects, practical tasks, case study, tutorials, group activities and theory based documents.
Duration: 40 tuition weeks. (52 Weeks include break) The course consists of 11 units and is clustered into 4 groups in order to be delivered within 4 terms of full time study load. The term duration is 10 weeks. Please refer to the unit description on https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/FNS50217
Note: please refer to the prior to enrolment kit for the course fee, cancel & refund policy, the enrolment term and condition, and the student welfare support service provided.
|FNSACC513||Manage budgets and forecasts|
|FNSACC511||Provide financial and business performance information|
|FNSACC512||Prepare tax documentation for individuals|
|FNSACC514||Prepare financial reports for corporate entities|
|FNSACC516||Implement and maintain internal control procedures|
|FNSACC517||Provide management accounting information|
|FNSACC505||Establish and maintain accounting information systems|
|FNSORG505||Prepare financial reports to meet statutory requirements|
|FNSACC413||Make decisions in a legal context|
|BSBITU402||Develop and use complex spreadsheets|
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|