General Intensive English
CRICOS Course Code: 094231G
- GE courses prepare students with communication skills by developing listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- When students arrive at SIBC, they are given a Placement Test and an interview to determine their English proficiency
And are then placed in a class best suited to their English level and study plans
- General Intensive English is designed to give students the opportunity for rapid progress of English language skills.
- There are 4 hours’ face-to-face daily English lessons including electives taught from Elementary, Pre-Intermediate,
- Please refer to the contents for each level if you plan to undertake GE course.
|Elementary||You will learn basic vocabulary, simple verb tenses, common phrases, conversational techniques, pronunciation tips, the phonetic and English alphabet and confidence in your language.|
|Pre-Intermediate||This course builds on the skills learned at the Elementary level. You will learn more complex tenses, modals and conditionals, more complex tenses including simple past, future, and present perfect, how to agree / disagree and express your opinion in conversation and written documents, how to tell a good story, further pronunciation skills and confidence in your new language.|
|Intermediate||This course is an extension of Pre-Intermediate. It concentrates on joining tenses, more formal structures including all the conditionals and the passive voice, as well as extending your knowledge of idioms, phrasal of verbs, and colloquialisms. By the end of the Intermediate course, you will be better equipped to converse in a relaxed manner.|
|Upper-Intermediate||This course introduces more advanced grammatical knowledge and seeks to increase personal vocabulary and to encourage autonomous learning. The pronunciation syllabus employed increases accuracy and confidence. By the end of this course, you will be able to socialize more effectively with other English speakers at both the verbal and written level.|