CRICOS Course Code: 097967J
This qualification is designed to reflect the role of individuals working in accounting & seeking professional identification.
At this level individuals are expected to apply theoretical and technical skills in a range of situations and to display initiative and judgement in planning activities.
They have autonomy in performing complex operations and can be responsible for planning, coordinating and evaluating the work of others within broad but generally well-defined parameters.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
• Financial Accounting Officer
• Costing Project Manager
• Senior Accounts Payable Clerk
Pathways from the qualification
After completing the FNS60217 Advanced Diploma of Accounting, students may articulate into opportunities to continue their studies in Bachelor Degree programs offered by Australian Universities.
• Be 18 years old or over
• Students who intend to enrol in this course must prove their satisfactory completion of Australian Year 12 or international equivalent, or has completed any Diploma level qualifications under AQF (LLN test is required if the applicant's qualification is no in business field) or have industry experience in business or any relevant business service with a minimum of 3 years.
• Students who intend to enrol in this course must also prove their satisfactory completion in any of the following qualifications:
- Completion of both FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set and FNSSS00015 Advanced Accounting Principles Skill Set
- Completion of FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting
- Completion of FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting
• For international students, IELTS overall 5.5 or its equivalent, unless your nationality is the US, UK, New Zealand, Canada or Ireland.
Delivery and Assessments
This program (Advanced Diploma of Accounting) is delivered in an institution based environment with face to face delivery. The mode of training is highly practical with a combination of practical projects, practical tasks, case study, tutorials, group activities and theory based documents.
Duration: 60 tuition weeks. (78 Weeks include break) The course consists of 14 units and is clustered into 6 groups in order to be delivered within 6 terms of full time study load. The term duration is 10 weeks.
Please refer to the unit description on https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/FNS60217
Note: please refer to the prior to enrolment kit for the course fee, cancel & refund policy, the enrolment term and condition, and the student welfare support service provided.
||Monitor corporate governance activities
||Apply economic principles to work in the financial services industry
||Interpret and use financial statistics and tools
||Conduct internal audit
||Prepare and analyse management accounting information
||Prepare complex corporate financial reports
||Evaluate financial risk
||Manage peoples performance
||Analyse and present research information
||Manage business document design and development
||Prepare and administer compliant tax returns for legal entities
||Develop and implement a business plan