FNS40217 - Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (Release 1) Duration 52 weeks (12 weeks break inclusive)
CRICOS Course Code: 097966K
This qualification reflects accounting job roles in financial services and other industries requiring accounting support functions. Individuals in these roles apply theoretical and specialist knowledge and skills to work autonomously and exercise judgement in completing routine and non-routine activities.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
• Payroll Clerk
• General Clerical Assistant
• Accounts Receivable Clerk
• Accounts Payable Clerk
Pathways from the qualification
After completing the FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping, students may articulate into further study Diploma of Accounting offered by any RTO, or they may have opportunities to continue their studies in Bachelor Degree programs offered by Higher Education providers.
• [Age Requirement]: Be 18 years old or over
• [Knowledge Requirement]: Students who intend to enrol in this course must prove their successful completion of Certificate III in Accounting or equivalent, or prove their satisfactory completion of Australian Year 12 or international equivalent, or has completed any Certificate III level qualifications under AQF (LLN test is required if the applicant's qualification is no in business field), or have industry experience in accounting or any relevant financial service with a minimum of 2 years.
• [English Requirement]: For international students, IELTS overall 5.5 or its equivalent (TOEFL/PTE/Cambridge English are acceptable), OR complete Australian ELICOS course at upper intermediate level, OR complete any AQF Certificate III course (or above) thought in English, OR pass the SIBC English placement test at upper intermediate level (at least 60 points out of 100) unless your nationality is the US, UK, New Zealand, Canada or Ireland.
Delivery and Assessments
This program (Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping) is delivered in an institution based environment with face to face delivery. The mode of training is highly practical with a combination of practical projects, practical tasks, case study, tutorials, group activities, individual learning and theory based documents.
Duration: 40 tuition weeks. (52 Weeks include break) The course consists of 13 units and is clustered into 4 groups in order to be delivered within 4 terms of full time study load. The term duration is 10 weeks.
Please refer to the unit description on https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/FNS40217
Note: please refer to the prior to enrolment kit for the course fee, cancel & refund policy, the enrolment term and condition, and the student welfare support service provided.
|BSBFIA401||Prepare Financial Reports|
|BSBSMB412||Introduce Cloud Computing into Business Operations|
|FNSACC311||Process Financial Transactions and Extract Interim Reports|
|FNSACC312||Administer Subsidiary Accounts and Ledgers|
|FNSACC408||Work Effectively in the Accounting and Bookkeeping Industry|
|FNSACC416||Set up and Operate a Computerised Accounting System|
|FNSTPB401||Complete Business Activity and Instalment Activity Statements|
|FNSTPB402||Establish and Maintain Payroll Systems|
|BSBITU306||Design and Produce Business Documents|
|BSBWRT301||Write Simple Documents|
|FNSACC313||Perform Financial Calculations|
|FNSACC412||Prepare Operational Budgets|
|FNSACC414||Prepare Financial Statements for Non-reporting Entities|